Makor has developed a number of optimization software systems based on its intellectual property and a variety of sophisticated mathematical and statistical models.
Makor Company has developed a new method and system for optimizing transportation route design (
US patent 6,996,507
). Based on this method and system Makor developed the OptiRoads software that calculates automatically the minimal cost of project in compliance with standard specifications. Additional patents were granted for Optiroads system in Israel and other countries.
Traffic Jam application
Makor has developed a location-based traffic jam application
US patent 6,480,783
US patent 6,615,130
that will provide mobile phone users the quickest
route from journey starting point to destination taking into consideration
real-time traffic jam conditions including corrections on demand based on
driver current situation. Additionally, it will collect and analyze real–time traffic jam data for governmental agencies, municipalities, city planners and mobile advertisers.
Another Makor development is a mobile location positioning application that determined a location of mobile phone holder with a maximal accuracy using 3d mobile phone coordinates. An
US patent 6,577,946
has been received for a new method of obtaining and continuously updating mobile location
information, the information used as an input for the traffic jam guidance
application, and US patent 6,901,264
has been received for a new method of determining mobile station positioning in cellular communication networks
Traffic Signal Timings Optimization
Makor has developed a system (
US patent 6,539,300
) for controlling and adjusting phase timings at all signalized intersections within a given geographical region with the purpose of allocating more green light time for roads with heavier traffic flows at the expense of less loaded roadways and, by doing so, to relieve the most jammed parts of the network at the expense of its less loaded parts. Makor will sell the traffic flow information to governmental agencies in order to help them to control traffic flow by optimizing traffic lights system.
Traffic Speed Detection Wireless Phone Network-Based System
Makor has developed a system (
US patent 7,801,512
) for automatic real time traffic speed detection method and system based on wireless phone network capable of detecting a precise speed of the moving vehicle, comparing the received speed with the speed limit for the certain segment of road, determining if the vehicle is moving over the maximal speed limit and generating speeding violation ticket to the owner of the vehicle. This system utilizes a cell phone network in which the location data obtained from moving vehicles is collected continuously and input into the system. This eliminates the need for developing a dedicated mobile wireless information gathering fleet and other high cost devices requiring large capital investments and considerable work force.
ER (Emergency Room) Resources Optimization
Makor has developed a novel system (US Patent Pending) for multi-hospital real-time automated optimal emergency room (ER) resources management system for the optimized ER personnel and equipment resources management considering a variety of relevant factors to create an optimal ER management order.
For more information on ER Optimal Management System:
Makor has developed an OptiRetailChain a suite of retail optimization solutions, currently including an In-Store Advertising Optimization system for maximizing retail chain profitability through optimization of Point-Of-Purchase (POP) advertising and Per-Store Price Optimization software solution that enables retailers to make the most intelligent and profitable choices about pricing, markdowns/markups and their timing.
An US patent 7,379,890
has been received for the Per-Store Price Optimization software solution while there is a patent pending for the In-Store Advertising Optimization system
Makor has developed a project-scheduling optimization application (NPV Optimization) taking in consideration the maximum Net Present Value (NPV) of the entire project.
By developing NPV Optimization application, Makor offers cost-effective, easy-to-use, easy-to-be-deployed process management solution.
We are seeking for a strategic partnership to integrate our application in other NPV projects.
We are inviting construction, manufacturing companies participating in large projects to inquire about the application
Main features of the application are:
- The NPV Optimization application works as macro built-in in MS Project.
- We take in consideration every task with money receiving or paying.
- We optimize the dates of cash-moving transactions that related with proper tasks.
- The application gives an advantage for company that participates in big projects in saving cash resources in execution of the project by optimizing task scheduled.
- This application should be especially suitable for construction companies
For more information on NPV Optimization application
School Scheduling Optimization
Makor has developed a School Scheduling optimization application for optimally assigning classes into times and classrooms, i.e., the optimization
algorithm chooses the timeslot and room for every class event optimally and probabilistically.
Main features of the application are
- One of the main objectives is to minimize a number of days for
teachers and for students (i.e., if it is possible that a particular student will be at
school only 4 days a week and not 5 – the system will obtain that solution).
- The algorithm that we developed is based on Ant Colony Optimization (ACO).
ACO is a metaheuristic proposed by Dorigo. The inspiration of ACO is the
foraging behavior of real ants. The basic element of ACO is the use of a
probabilistic solution construction mechanism based on stigmergy.
- There are a number of soft constrains in the algorithm and a number of hard
constrains as well.
- Hard constrains are constrains that make solution generated by an algorithm infeasible.
Suitable solution is the solution that will not violate any hard constraints.
Examples of hard constrains are: number of classrooms, number of chairs in each
- The soft constraint aims to increase the quality of the already feasible solution.
The soft constrain is run only if the solution is feasible. Examples of soft
constrains are: number of teachers, number of students.
- The algorithm takes in consideration all school-relevant input; the total number of students, teachers and classes.
- Type of class is also considered (lectures and seminars are different types of class)
- For each event a list of possible rooms is created (this is done by analyzing room
sizes, features provided by rooms, and also a number of students attending each
class event, and features required by each event).
For more information on School Scheduling Optimization application
Permanent Wireless Holter System
Makor has developed a computer-implemented cardiac diagnostics system for a personalized real-time automated cardiovascular monitoring which permanently monitors the abnormalities in patient’s cardiovascular activity data through the use of individually adjusted electrocardiogram Holter apparatus that provides an automatic medical diagnosis of cardiac abnormalities.
Main features of the system are :
- US Patented (US patent 8,838,217,
US patent 9,131,843)
- It is a main object of the system to provide a system that will work 24/7/365 for the permanent detection and diagnosis of cardiovascular abnormalities
- Abnormality signals being transmitted using a wireless network through the bi-directional wireless protocol to the medical dispatcher center
- Medical response (including calling an ambulance) will be provided according to the abnormality detected and current patient location
- It is a personalized system wherein the personalization is performed through the use of individually adjusted parameters
- Individual parameters indicative of patient’s cardio activities are being personalized to allow for adjustments of chronic patients.
For more information on novel Holter system:
Automatic Real-Time Air Traffic Control System And Method For Maximizing Landings / Takeoffs Capacity Of The Airport And Minimizing Aircrafts Landing Times
Makor has developed an automatic real-time air traffic control system and method for maximizing landings / takeoffs capacity of the airport and minimizing aircrafts landing times.
Main features of the system are :
- US Patented (US patent 10,037,704),
- The system could be used either as an automatic system or as a decision-support system for ATC personnel.
- System working parameters can be modified in a real-time mode, thus giving the air traffic controllers the flexibility to manage the system.
-Due to minimizing the runway delays and maximizing the runway throughput – airport capacity is raised, workload on tower controllers is reduced, airlines’ fuel consumption and operating costs are reduced and, therefore the pollution is reduced also.
- The system is designed in such a way that it can work, under safety standards and regulations, for all airports for a variety of runway’ lengths, separation intervals and distances, final approach point lengths and heights, initial and final approach speeds, slopes, safety time intervals between landing and/or takeoff, takeoff duration, etc.
For more information on the system: